Shopping football boots for beginners
Buying football boots is a science in itself. Especially when you hear abbreviations such as FG, TF or IC. SportSpar explains what you really need to know and offers the right footwear.
You don’t want to play wearing just any shoes, do you?!
Today the choice of football boots is very important and you can’t just go for any old shoe. Your football boots might make the difference. By the way, did you know why – even if football boots look more like shoes – they are called boots? In the beginning back in the 19th century, the players really wore robust leather boots – unthinkable today. Nowadays, football boots are far more than just a functional equipment for practicing this fascinating sport but also a kind of accessory. The look is also very important – both for professionals and amateurs. Shop high-quality and stylish football boots at very low prices at SportSpar.com!
FG or SG, AG or HG, TF or IC … Um, Pardon?!
Technical terms and abbreviations … you’re completely at a loss? These terms help experts to find the perfect football boots; for non-professionals it sounds like a foreign language. But all the abbreviations are quite easy to understand:
- FG = Firm Ground: If you prefer playing on a common dry grass pitch, you should buy FG football boots. These are common football boots with plastic blades or studs which make you look good come rain or shine.
- SG = Soft Ground: Wide apart metal studs for best grip on deep and slippery surfaces – at least if you go for football boots with studs. Additional advantage: Thanks to the studs being wider apart no clods of earth will stick to your sole.
- AG = Artificial Ground: If you play on artificial turf, you should definitely buy AG football boots. Wider and shorter studs offer more stability for best ball control. Here to the Artificial Ground Football Boots.
- HG = Hard Ground: It might be also fun to play football on cindered turf – but only if you have the right footwear. SportSpar offers low-priced Hard Ground Football Boots. Thanks to their wide and long plastic studs they are just perfect for these grounds.
- TF = Turf: Boots with turf soles – meaning many little plastic rubber studs – are your perfect companion for classic indoor pitches. As you might know, these pitches do not really consist of artificial turf but rather of napped tissue used as roll out turf.
- IC = Indoor Court: If you play on common gym hall floors, you should go for low-priced indoor football boots with the abbreviation IC. They have the typical indoor floor soles – non-slipping with enough freedom for a perfect ball feeling.
Five pairs of football boots – really?!
One has more, the other one less – but after all you can be sure that every professional footballer owns about four to five pairs of football boots. Keeping in mind the various functions of FG, AG etc., all the stylish designs and of course the very low SportSpar prices it seems tempting to own such an professional equipment as well. But think twice: Which boots do you really need? Indoor football boots or even multi-studded football boots for maximum grip? Plus some professional football boots for indoor matches maybe? Whatever you decide, SportSpar offers various models in yellow, blue or orange, black and red combinations or stylish violet and pink boots of popular brands such as adidas, Nike and PUMA.
Have a look at our huge SportSpar online shop and find your new favourite football boots!