Data Protection Declaration
In the following, we inform you about how and why we collect your personal data when you use our website or contact us by e-mail, telephone, or through the contact form. Personal data is all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
I. Name and contact information for controller and data protection officer
1. The controller pursuant to Art. 4 no. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is SportSpar GmbH, Gustav-Adolf-Ring 7, 04838 Eilenburg (Germany), tel.: +49 (0) 3423 7007-0, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; please refer to our statutory information page at https://www.sportspar.de/impressum.
2. Our data protection officer, lawyer Mr. Christian Krösch, Königsbrücker Straße 76, 01099 Dresden, can be contacted by phone: +49 (0) 351 563 406 70 or e-mail: email@example.com.
II. General information on the collection and transfer of personal data and the period for which it is stored
1. We process your personal data in compliance with the provisions in the GDPR, the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and all other relevant legislation.
2. Your personal data is primarily processed for the purpose of establishing and fulfilling a contractual relationship with you. When you contact us by email or using a contact form, we store the data you give us (your email address, your name and phone number if applicable) in order to respond to your queries. The principal legal basis for this is Art. 6 no. 1 b) GDPR. Moreover, if you give us your consent separately as per Art. 6 no. 1 lit. a) and Art. 7 GDPR, this may be understood under data protection law as permission to process your personal data. We also process your data in order to meet our legal obligations, particularly those incumbent on us under commercial and fiscal law. The legal basis for this form of processing is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. c) GDPR. If necessary, we also process your data on the basis of Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR in order to pursue our legitimate interests or those of third parties.
3. Your personal data will not be transferred to any third party for purposes other than those specified below. We only transfer your personal data to third parties if you have expressly consented to us doing so as per Art. 6 no.1 lit. a) GDPR, if the transfer of your personal data is necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims pursuant to Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest in the non-transfer of your data that is worthy of protection, if your data has to be transferred to fulfil a legal obligation as per Art. 6 no. 1 lit. c) GDPR, or if the transfer of your data is legally admissible and necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, as described in Art. 6 no. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
4. If we use contracted service providers for individual functions that constitute part of our web-based services, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes as described below. We will also specify the criteria determining the period for which your data will be stored.
5. We erase your personal data as soon as it is no longer required for any of the following purposes. After the contractual relationship with you has expired, we will retain your personal data for as long as the law obliges us to do so. This is regularly the case in connection with the statutory retention periods and obligations to produce evidence specified in the Commercial and Fiscal Codes, among others. The retention periods stipulated in this legislation can be up to ten years. It can also occur that personal data must be retained for the period during which claims can be asserted against us (statutory limitation period of three or up to thirty years).
III. Collection of personal data through our website
1. Visiting our website
1.1 If you are using our website solely for information and do not register or transmit information to us in any other way, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data; this is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee its stability and security. This data is also stored in our system’s log files. It is not stored together with any other personal data pertaining to the user. This data includes the IP address, the timestamp of the browser request with the date, time, and time zone, the URL path accessed, the HTTP status code, the data volume transmitted, the website from which the request came (referrer), and the user agent. The last-mentioned item contains information on the browser name and version, the operating system, and the language preferred.
1.2 The legal basis for the temporary storage of this data and these log files is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
1.3 The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to ensure that the website can be displayed in your browser. This is why your IP address must be stored for the duration of the session. The data is stored in log files in order to guarantee the functionality of the website. We also use this data for the purpose of optimising our website and ensuring that our information technology systems are secure. This purpose constitutes our legitimate interest in processing your data pursuant to Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Data collected in this context is not evaluated for marketing purposes.
1.4 The data is erased as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. If the data was collected for the purpose of displaying the website, it is erased when the respective session ends. Log files are erased within 10 days of the website being accessed.
1.5 The collection of data when visiting the website and the storage of data in log files are essential for the operation of the website. This means you are unable to object to it.
2.1 Cookies are stored on your computer system whenever you use our website. Cookies are text files stored in the internet browser or by the internet browser in your computer system. A cookie can be stored in your operating system whenever you access a website. This cookie contains a characteristic string of characters that allow your browser to be identified when you revisit the website.
2.2 This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (used for a limited period)
- Third-party cookies (from third-party providers as per separate information).
2.3 Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. Session cookies save a so-called session ID that assigns different requests from your browser to the same session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser. The legal basis for processing personal data using transient cookies is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR. The purpose for which these cookies are used is to make your use of the website easier. Moreover, some of the functions on our website cannot be used without cookies. For these, it is essential that the browser is recognised after you click on another page. This purpose constitutes our legitimate interest in processing your personal data pursuant to Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
2.4 Persistent cookies are used solely in connection with the web analysis services we employ and only for as long as their purpose requires; their maximum lifespan is two years. You can delete these cookies at any time by adjusting your browser’s security settings. If you do so, the functions and user-friendliness of the website may be restricted. The legal basis for processing personal data using persistent cookies is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Analysis cookies are used for the purpose of improving the quality of our website and its content. These cookies allow us to find out how our website is used and thus to continue optimising our web-based services. This purpose constitutes our legitimate interest in processing your personal data pursuant to Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
3. Other functions and offers on our website
3.1 Besides using our website for purely informational purposes, you can, if interested, also use various services that we offer. For this, you usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the above-mentioned principles of data processing apply.
3.2 We sometimes draw on external service providers to process your data. These are carefully selected and commissioned by us, bound to our instructions, and monitored on a regular basis.
3.3 We can also forward your personal data to third parties if we are cooperating with partners to offer campaign participation, prize draws, the conclusion of contracts, or similar services. You will find more information below in the description of the offer; it is also provided when you enter your personal data.
3.4 If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
4. Using contact forms
4.2 Your data is erased as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of personal data entered into and collected from the contact form, this is the case when our correspondence with you is terminated. Our correspondence is understood to have been terminated when circumstances indicate that the matter in question has been finally settled.
5. Using our webshop
5.1. If you wish to order products from our webshop, a contract of sale can only be concluded if you provide the personal data we require to execute your order. The compulsory data needed to execute your order is specially marked; all other information is voluntary. The legal basis for processing this personal data is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
5.2 You have the option of creating a customer account in which we can store your data for any other orders you place later on. By creating an account under “My Account” or “Register”, the data you provide is stored on a revocable basis. You can delete your customer account at any time by sending a message to the contact specified above. The legal basis for processing this personal data is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
5.3 After the contract has been fulfilled, your address, payment, and order data will be stored for the obligatory ten-year retention period specified in fiscal and commercial law. It will then be erased unless you have consented to it being stored for a longer period or your data has to be processed further for the purpose of establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims. The legal basis for processing personal data in order to fulfil statutory storage and retention obligations is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. c) GDPR.
5.4 We process the data you provide for the purpose of executing your order. In order to fulfil the contract, we pass on your data to the forwarder contracted to deliver your order insofar as this is necessary for the purpose of delivering goods you have ordered. Depending on which payment service provider you select during the order process, we pass on the payment data collected for the purpose of processing your payment to the credit institution commissioned to do so and, if applicable, to the payment service providers commissioned by us or the payment service selected. These payment service providers may also collect this data themselves if you create an account with them. In these cases, you must use your access data to log in to the payment service provider’s website during the order process. If so, the data protection declaration of the respective payment service provider applies. Orders are processed using ERP solutions from “Afterbuy” (VIA Online GmbH, Krefeld) and “pixi” (Descartes Systems GmbH, Munich). The data protection declaration of the respective ERP service provider applies. We have the right to forward this personal data pursuant to Art. 6 no. 1 lit. b) GDPR. Our service providers may only process or use your data for the purpose it was transmitted to them. You can access this data at any time. For cases where data is forwarded to external service providers, we have implemented technical and organisational measures to ensure that data protection regulations are complied with.
5.5 You are not obliged to provide the personal data specified above. However, this data is required for the conclusion of a contract. Unless you provide this data, it may not be possible to communicate with you or to conclude and execute a contract.
6.1 You have the option of subscribing to a newsletter in which we inform you of any interesting offers we currently have available. The merchandise and services advertised are specified in the declaration of consent.
6.2 We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for newsletter subscriptions. This means that after you register, we send an e-mail to the e-mail address you specify in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. We also store your IP address and the times at which you register for the newsletter and confirm your registration. The purpose of this procedure is to have proof of your registration and, if necessary, to be able to clarify any improper use of your personal data. The legal basis is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. a) and c), Art. 7 no. 1 GDPR.
6.3 The only mandatory information required for your subscription to our newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of other (specially marked) data is voluntary; this data is used so that we can address you personally. After you confirm your subscription, we will store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. a) GDPR. This data is erased as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. Your e-mail address is accordingly stored for as long as your subscription remains active.
6.4 You have the right to withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time by unsubscribing from it. You can withdraw your consent by clicking the link provided in every newsletter e-mail or by sending us a message using the contact information provided on the statutory information page.
6.5 The newsletter software used is Mailjet. When you subscribe, your data is sent to Mailjet GmbH. Mailjet is forbidden to sell your data or use it for any other purpose than the delivery of newsletters. Mailjet is a certified provider that was selected according to the requirements specified in the GDPR. The legal basis is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. a) and f) GDPR. You will find further information here: https://www.mailjet.com/security-privacy/ You can withdraw your consent to the storage of your data including your e-mail address and to the use of your e-mail address for delivery of the newsletter at any time, for example by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. Our data protection measures regularly undergo technical updates. For this reason, we ask you to review our data protection measures at regular intervals by reading our data protection declaration.
7. Use of Google Analytics
7.1 This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and facilitate analysis of your website use. The information about your website use generated by the cookie is usually sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address in a European Union member state or in another state party to the agreement on the European Economic Area before it is transmitted. Only in exceptional cases is a full IP address sent to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google uses this information on behalf of the operators of this website to evaluate your website use, generate reports on website activity, and render other services associated with website and internet use for the website operator.
7.2 The IP address transmitted from your browser for use by Google Analytics is not amalgamated with any other Google data.
7.3 You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly; however, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use all the website functions in full. You can also prevent Google from collecting and processing the data relating to your website use that is generated by the cookie (incl. your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
7.4 This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This facilitates the processing of IP addresses after they have been truncated, thus excluding any risk of the IP address being associated with a specific person. This means any of your data containing a personal reference is immediately excluded and your personal data is immediately deleted.
7.5 We use Google Analytics to analyse use of our website and to make regular improvements. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our website and make it more interesting for you as the user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has bound itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
7.6 Information about third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001
Terms of service: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html
General information on data protection: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
8. Use of Google Adwords Conversion
8.1 We use advertising on external websites (so-called Google Adwords) provided by the Google Adwords service to draw attention to the attractive offers on our own website. We can use the data from the advertising campaigns to determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. Our legitimate interests in this situation are to show you advertising that is of interest to you, to make our website more interesting for you, and to calculate advertising costs fairly.
8.2 Google delivers this advertising through so-called “ad servers”. For this, we use ad server cookies with which certain parameters of success such as advertisement display and user clicks can be measured. If you access our website through a Google advertisement, Google Adwords will store a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually become invalid after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. The analysis values stored for this cookie usually comprise the unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for post-view conversions), and opt-out information (marking indicating that the user no longer wishes to be addressed).
8.3 These cookies allow Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Adwords customer's website and the cookie stored on their computer has not expired, Google and the customer can recognise that the user has clicked on the ad and been redirected to this page. A separate cookie is assigned to each Adwords customer. This means that cookies cannot be tracked through the websites of Adwords customers. We ourselves do not collect or process personal data in the context of these advertising measures. Google merely furnishes us with statistical evaluations. These allow us to identify which of the advertising measures used is most successful. We do not receive any other data from the use of these advertising materials; in particular, we are not able to use this information to identify users.
8.4 The market tool uses causes your browser to automatically establish a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and further use of the data collected by Google through the utilisation of this tool, and the information provided is therefore based on the best of our knowledge: By integrating AdWords Conversion, Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our ads. This means that if you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not logged in, the provider may be able to find out and store your IP address.
8.5 There are various ways in which you can block your participation in this tracking process: a) you can block ads from third-party providers by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by disabling third-party cookies; b) you can deactivate conversion tracking cookies by going to https://www.google.com/settings/ads and setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com” (this setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies); c) you can deactivate targeted ads from providers participating in the "About Ads" self-regulation program by going to http://www.aboutads.info/choices and changing the settings (this setting will also be deleted when you delete your cookies); d) you can permanently deactivate cookies in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers by going to http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin and changing the settings. Please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website in full.
8.6 The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f) GDPR. You will find more information about Google’s data protection policies at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. You can also visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has bound itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
9. Use of Criteo
9.1 This website uses technologies from Criteo GmbH to collect and store anonymised information about the browsing behaviour of website visitors for marketing purposes. Cookies are used for this purpose (see no. 2). Criteo uses an algorithm to analyse browsing behaviour and can then display targeted, personalised banners or advertisements on other websites (so-called “publishers”). Under no circumstances can the data collected be used to personally identify visitors to this website. The data collected is used solely to improve the web-based services offered. It is not forwarded to third parties or used in any other way.
9.2 You can object to the anonymised analysis of your browsing behaviour on this website by clicking on the link https://www.criteo.com/de/privacy/ If you have opted out (opt-out cookie) and wish to continue seeing personalised Criteo banners, please click here:
10. Use of affilinet
10.1 We use the services provided by the company affilinet GmbH, Sapporobogen 6-8, 80637 Munich, Germany. affilinet is a German affiliate network that offers affiliate marketing.
10.2 Affiliate systems are web-supported distribution systems in which a commercial provider (merchant or advertiser) usually compensates its distribution partners (affiliates or publishers) by paying them commission. The provider provides advertising material that the affiliate can use on its own website or in other channels such as keyword advertising or e-mail marketing.
10.3 affilinet uses a cookie for this purpose (see no. 2). The affilinet tracking cookie does not store any kind of personal data. The only data stored is the ID number of the affiliate, i.e. the partner recruiting potential customers, the reference number assigned to each website visitor, and the advertisement clicked. This data is stored for the purpose of facilitating commission payments by the merchant to the client; these payments are processed through the affiliate network, i.e. affilinet.
10.4 You can prevent the cookie from being stored by adjusting your browser settings accordingly or by deactivating cookies, i.e. setting your browser to block cookies sent by the domain “www.affili.net”.
11. Use of Pushcrew
11.1 This website uses the Pushcrew software provided by the company Wingify, which is based at the following address: 14th Floor, KLJ Tower North, Netaji Subhash Place, Pitam Pura, Delhi 110034, India. Pushcrew enables us to send you push notifications via the native push API of various browsers. Push notifications in your browser invariably depend on your consent. If you have consented to receive push notifications on our website, you can withdraw it by adjusting your browser settings accordingly.
12. News service via WhatsApp
12.1 Our website offers you the option of requesting news and information about offers in our webshop through the messaging service “WhatsApp”. We have assigned the technical implementation of this service to the company MessengerPeople GmbH, Schwanthaler Straße 32, 80336 Munich.
12.2 The messages are sent from a WhatsApp account created in our name. By sending a start message, you consent pursuant to Art. 6 no. 1 lit. a) GDPR to the sender using your personal data (e.g. surname and first name, telephone number, messenger ID, profile image, messages) for purposes of direct communication and to the data processing necessary when using the messaging service selected. In order to use this service, you will require an existing messaging account with the respective provider. The providers responsible for these messaging services are:
The respective provider will receive personal data (particularly communication meta-data) that will also be processed in countries outside the EU (e.g. the USA) in which no appropriate standard of data protection can be guaranteed. However, Whatsapp Inc and Facebook Inc are certified in accordance with the Privacy Shield framework and thus guarantee to comply with European data protection legislation. More information can be found in the privacy policies of the messaging services mentioned above. The sender has no precise knowledge of or influence over the respective provider’s data processing measures. You can unsubscribe from messages sent by MessengerPeople through WhatsApp at any time by sending the message “STOP” to the WhatsApp account through which you previously subscribed to the message service. Moreover, you can request the erasure of the above-mentioned data by MessengerPeople by sending the message “DELETE ALL DATA” to the corresponding WhatsApp account.
12.3 Information on the use and control of the news service implemented by MessengerPeople is also provided when you request the desired news service. Detailed information on MessengerPeople`s use of personal data is also given in MessengerPeople's data policy, which can be accessed at https://www.messengerpeople.com/privacy/
13. Use of data for postal advertising and your right to object
13.1 Furthermore, we reserve the right to store your first name, surname, postal address and – insofar as we require this additional information for purposes of our contractual relationship with you – your title, academic degree, year of birth, and profession, industry or business in summarised lists and to use it for our own advertising purposes, e.g. to send you interesting offers and product information by post. You can object to the storage and use of your data for these purposes at any time by sending a message to the contact whose information is provided below.
14. Review reminder by e-mail
14.1 We will use your e-mail address to remind you to submit a review of your order using our review system provided you gave us your express consent to this during or after placing your order by clicking a button designated for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent to this at any time by sending a message to the contact whose information is given above.
15. Use of EBI personalisation software
14.1 This website uses the “E-Business Intelligence” service, hereinafter EBI, provided by intedia OHG (Wigbertstrasse 2, 33098 Paderborn, Germany). It is used on the basis of Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f GDPR. We use EBI to collect pseudonymised usage data that gives us information about which products you interact with in our online shop. The purpose is to adapt our online shop to meet your needs more closely, for example by providing individual product presentations. The data collected by EBI is not amalgamated with your personal data unless you consent to this. EBI uses so-called “cookies”, text files stored on your computer, for the purpose of identifying individual users. An individual string of characters is stored in this cookie to facilitate the recognition of visitors returning to the website. The data collected by EBI includes but is not limited to the following types of information:
- When did you browse our website, and for how long? Which products and categories did you view?
- When did you buy from us, and which products did you buy – in which category and for how much?
- Did you cancel the order process, and if so, at which stage?
When this data is transmitted to an EBI web server in Germany, the EBI web server automatically stores a so-called service log file containing information such as your IP address, browser type/version, the data and time you accessed the website, the data volume transmitted, and the provider sending the request (access data); this is used to document your website access. If you wish to object to EBI’s use of pseudonymous usage data, you can do so by clicking on the following link. If you delete the cookies on your browser by changing your browser settings or using certain plug-ins, you will have to reiterate your objection to the utilisation of pseudonymous usage data.
16. Data security
16.1 When you visit our website, we utilise the commonly used SSL (secure socket layer) protocol in combination with the highest level of encryption that your browser supports. This is usually 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether any individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form as the key or lock symbol displayed in the lower status bar of your browser will be closed.
16.2 We also implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction, and unauthorised third-party access. We continually improve our security measures in line with the latest technological developments.
IV. Collection of personal data through contact by e-mail, post, and telephone
1. Collection of personal data from customers, interested parties, and suppliers
1.1 As a customer, interest party, or supplier, we only collect your personal data if you send it to us by e-mail, post, or telephone. In this situation, we collect the personal data you supply when you contact us. This specifically includes the names and contact data transmitted along with the date and reason for the contact. The personal data we collect from you is only used to provide the products or services required (legal basis Art. 6 no. 1 b) GDPR), or for other purposes to which you have given your consent (legal basis Art. 6 no. 1 a) GDPR) and which are described in this data protection declaration. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
1.2 You are not obliged to provide the personal data specified above. The data provided may be required for the conclusion of a contract. Unless you provide this data, it may not be possible to communicate with you or to conclude and execute a contract.
1.3 Based on the respective legislation or contractual agreement, the data relevant in each individual case is transmitted to public bodies when statutory regulations take precedence, to external service providers or other contractors, and to other external bodies insofar as you have given your consent or the transfer of your data is permitted on grounds of overriding legitimate interest. We have no intention of sending your data to any recipient in any third country (i.e. a country that is not a member of the EU / EEA) or to any international organisation.
1.4 The data is erased as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of the personal data provided, this is the case when our correspondence with you is terminated. Our correspondence is understood to have been terminated when circumstances indicate that the matter in question has been finally settled. If the data provided is subject to statutory retention periods under fiscal or commercial law, it will be stored for the obligatory ten-year retention period and then erased unless you have consented to it being stored for a longer period or your data has to be processed further for the purpose of establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims. The legal basis for processing personal data in order to fulfil statutory storage and retention obligations is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. c) GDPR.
2. Collection of personal data from applicants
2.1 As an applicant, we only collect your personal data if you send it to us by e-mail, post, or telephone. This applies both to speculative applications and applications sent in response to job advertisements. In this situation, we collect the personal data you supply during the course of the application procedure. This specifically includes your name, date of birth, contact information, interests, qualifications, education, and professional career. The personal data we collect from you is used solely for the purpose of performing the application procedure (legal basis Art. 6 no. 1 lit. a), b), and f) GDPR, section 26 BDSG).
2.2 You are not obliged to provide the personal data specified above. However, the data provided may be required to conclude a contract after the application procedure is complete. Unless you provide this data, it may not be possible to communicate with you, continue the application procedure, or conclude a contract.
2.3 The data relevant in each case is transmitted on the basis of the applicable legislation or a contractual agreement. Your data is transferred to staff in the human resources departments, members of the management, and the respective department head. Your personal data will not be sent to any third party. We have no intention of sending your data to any recipient in any third country (i.e. a country that is not a member of the EU / EEA) or to any international organisation.
2.4 This data is erased as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. In the event of a rejection, we retain your data for a period of six months after completing the application procedure and notifying you that your application has been rejected. If you have consented to your data being stored for a longer period, the retention period will be two years. Afterwards, we will either erase your data or request your further consent. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
V. Objection or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your data
1. If you have consented to the processing of your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Once you have sent it to us, your withdrawal will affect the permissibility of processing your personal data.
2. If the processing of your personal information is based on the consideration of interests, you are entitled to withdraw your consent to this processing. This is particularly true if your data does not have to be processed in order to fulfil a contract to which you are a party, as explained by us in the description of functions provided above. If you exercise your right of withdrawal, we will ask you to specify the reasons why we should not continue processing your personal information as before. If your withdrawal is justified, we will investigate the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or inform you of the compelling, legitimate grounds on which we are obliged to continue.
3. You can of course withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can withdraw your consent to the receipt of advertising by contacting us at: SportSpar GmbH, Gustav-Adolf-Ring 7 04838 Eilenburg (Germany) Tel. +49 (0) 3423 7007-0, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
VI. Your rights
1. Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information from us about the personal data we are processing. In particular, you may request information about the purposes for which your data is processed, the categories of personal data processed, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, the existence of a right to object, the existence of a right of appeal, the source of your data if it was not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making processes including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful detailed information about what these involve.
2. Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data or the completion of any incomplete data we have stored without undue delay. Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, you have to right to request the erasure any of your personal data we have stored provided it does not have to be processed to exercise the right of freedom of expression and impression, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
3. Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, you have to right to request that the processing of your data be restricted if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your data is unlawful but you oppose its erasure, if we no longer need your data but you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, or of you have objected to the processing of your data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR.
4. Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, you have to right to request that the personal data you provided be placed at your disposal in a structured, commonly used and readable format or that it is transmitted to another controller.
5. Pursuant to Art. 7 no. 3 GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. If you do so, we will in future cease the data processing on which your consent was based.
6. Moreover, pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority about the processing of your data, for example the Data Protection Commissioner for Saxony, Bernhard-von-Lindenau-Platz 1, 01067 Dresden Telephone: +49 (0) 3 51 49 3-5401, e-mail: email@example.com.
VII. Validity of and amendments to this data protection declaration
1. This data protection declaration is currently valid and is dated May 2018.
2. It may become necessary to amend it as a result of the further development of our website and services or due to changes in legislation and/or official instructions. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration from our website at https://www.sportspar.com/data-protection.